This is kinda cool. Looks like recently a couple of developers who go by OverX and HwapX have developed a nifty little tool called “Venix Downgrade” to assist in downgrading your PlayStation 3 from firmware 4.11 to 3.55.
Now, don’t think you are going to run out and do this with a little determination and a flash drive. Unfortunatley you will still need a NAND/NOR flasher of some sorts. This is compatible with; Progskeet, E3 Flasher, and Teensy 2.0++.
UPDATE: This has been proven to cause bricks… so I do not recommend using it at all!!
Download Venix Downgrade Tool – HERE
- Compatible with Progskeet, E3 Flasher, Teensy 2.0++ other.
- Compatible with NOR and NAND.
- Script to check malformed headers, File names, Region names.
- Check headers offsets NOR.
- Compares bits between two NAND or NOR.
- GUI interface.
- Patch to downgrade simplified.
- Automated Method
- Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4